Do you have an Instagram profile? Are you diligently posting pictures and stories and looking for what others post? Then you are among the trendy people because Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms in the UK. But what are the Instagram highlights of 2018?
What are the most popular Instagram profiles? We have the annual ranking 2018 for you.
Which Instagram highlights are there?
Instagram is on of the most popular social medium in the UK, after Facebook and YouTube. According to the website Social Media, there are 14 million users in the UK and 1 billion users worldwide.
It’s no wonder, then, that a large number of users also create an annual review with the Instagram Highlights 2018. You can read about what was on YouTube this year, in the article YouTube Rewind .
Instagram highlights in numbers
Amongst other things, Instagram has counted and examined the nice moments and trends that occur on Instagram. How the Instagram highlights were calculated:
- The Heart Love Sticker by Arata is the most commonly used Giphy Sticker in 2018.
- The heart-eye filter was most commonly used as a facial filter.
- The ❤️-emoji was used 14 billion times in comments.
- The happiest place in the world is Disneyland Tokyo – in the context of this amusement park most 🙂 emojis were used in the caption.
- #Fortnite achieved the highest growth in 2018
- You can find the top dance movement at #inmyfeelingschallenge
- The most used hashtag was #metoo (1.5 million) ahead of #timesup (597,000) and #marchforourlives (562,000)
Which Instagram profiles have the most followers?
The Fotoshare app Instagram has even more Instagram highlights in store. But which Instagram followers have the most followers? According to Daniel Mackrell, these are the Instagram users with the most followers :
- Instagram – 260 million
- Cristiano Ronaldo – 144 million
- Selena Gomez – 144 million
- Ariana Grande – 132 million
- Kim Kardashian – 120 million
- Beyonce – 119 million
- Dwayne Johnson – 119 million
- Kylie Jenner – 117 million
- Taylor Swift – 112 million
- Neymar – 104 million
Juventus footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has overtaken Selena Gomez as the most followed person on Instagram. The two stars are both on 144 million and there is only a few thousand that currently separates the two accounts. Pop star Selena has long been the most popular user on the platform. But her recent break from social media means her last post was on 24 September and this could be part of the reason for her being overtaken.
What are your Instagram highlights?
Instagram is not just about sports and entertainment. Politicians and non-profit organisations are also increasingly focusing on the photo community. What were your highlights in 2018 on Instagram? Maybe that lots of people’s Instagram accounts were hacked? Let us know in our comments.